As you find yourself evaluating options for office equipment, you’ll come across the question of whether to buy vs. lease. Do you sign an agreement to use someone else’s machine for a specified period of time, or should you purchase a machine of your own to use for as long as you desire? To help you with this decision, in this blog post we’ll go over some of the advantages of leasing office equipment.
1. Lower Up-Front Costs. Leasing your office equipment will always require lower up-front costs than buying it outright, and this is one of the top benefits for many businesses. While purchasing equipment requires a substantial capital outlay, leasing allows you spread your costs out over the course of the lease term, usually from one to three years. Reserve your cash and credit lines for activities that can grow your business, such as marketing.
2. Predictable Monthly Payments. Especially valuable when cash flow is tight, leasing provides you with an easy-to-plan-for budget. A lease agreement can include supplies, preventive maintenance, and repairs—keeping your costs consistent and controlled. When stability and predictability are important, leasing can provide peace of mind and manageable payments.
3. Up-to-Date Technology. For businesses that need to stay on the cutting edge of technology to be competitive, regular updates and upgrades are critical. With a lease agreement, you’ll have the flexibility to adopt the latest technology as it gets smaller, faster, and better. Additionally, distributing your costs over a lease’s term often means you can afford to start with more advanced technology than you’d be able to purchase outright.
4. Outsourced Maintenance Headaches. Successful businesses usually have better things for their employees to do with their time than restock paper, run out for toner refills, or coordinate preventive maintenance and repairs. Leasing can free staffs from those hassles with automatic restocking of consumables and other equipment maintenance.
5. End-of-Life Convenience. Environmental regulations place limits on disposal options for printing hardware, and hauling or donating large equipment can prove to be a troublesome diversion. With leasing, you don’t need to worry about disposal when your machines are no longer serviceable. Your lease partner will pick up the equipment and dispose of it properly for you—and they’ll protect your company by wiping all data from the machine’s hard drive.
Leasing may not be the first thing to come to mind when you’re on the hunt for new office equipment, but for some businesses it’s simply the smart choice. Contact Golden Gate Office Solutions today to learn about our lease options for printers, scanners, copiers, and other office equipment.