Running a business is stressful enough. One way to make sure your operation runs smoothly is to know that you can trust your IT services partner to do their job. However, you might feel overwhelmed with the process of choosing who should oversee your IT infrastructure. If so, you might benefit from a checklist that gives you an idea of what to look for in an outsourced IT company.
The ideal IT Services partner should possess the following attributes:
- Longevity in the IT sphere – One major indicator of whether or not a potential IT services partner is capable of handling the management of your IT infrastructure is the length of time they’ve been in business. Their ability to create and sustain a successful business managing others’ IT is proof positive that they are qualified to handle your network. Favorable information in the press could also give you an idea of how stable your IT service provider is, but shouldn’t be your main indicator of competency.
- Positive references from current clients – You can find this information via testimonials and endorsements on your potential IT partner’s website, or you can ask your future vendor for the names of current clients. If they have an active LinkedIn profile, that also is a place where you might find recommendations based on vendor/client relationships.
- Evidence of specialized skills – You may want to get to know your prospective IT partner’s team before signing on the dotted line. A staff that demonstrates as diverse of a range of skills as possible will alleviate any fears you may have when solidifying your new partnership. As the same time, you will need to find out how well they know how to do what they do. This comes by way of viewing company samples, talking to previous clients, or asking the right interview questions.
- A local presence in case on-site help is needed – Sometimes, working online with your IT staff is not enough. Having them on-site at your place of business strengthens communication necessary to successfully resolve computer, network, server, and data problems.
- A comprehensive approach to the IT structure – Ideally, your potential IT company will be responsible for proper setup and maintenance of your workplace network and should be able to see the “big picture” of your IT needs. Make sure they offer you a step-by-step plan, and make sure the plan they have includes what is important for your organization.
You ultimately want your IT services provider to handle any complication that may arise while you are conducting business. The most important issue at hand, of course, is to ensure safety of your clients’ data in the event of a security breach. However, you also need the continued peace of mind that your data is continually available and your systems will always operate the way they should. To learn more about IT services, contact Golden Gate Office Solutions today.