Businesses are always looking for ways to increase efficiency. For a business looking for a multifunction printer in San Francisco, here are some ways that an MFP improves workflow.
MFP Compact Size Saves Floor Space
San Francisco companies use a multifunction printer because of its compact size and usefulness in offices where the cost of each square foot of rented space is very high. Having an all-in-one printer saves valuable floor space that can be used for other purposes.
The compact size of an MFP device allows it to be put in a centralized location that is most convenient for all the workers to access.
MFPs Lower Costs
The newest MFP devices have green features and are more cost-effective than the older models, even those from just a few years ago. They are energy-efficient and have these features:
- One MFP device replaces four other pieces of equipment. This significantly lowers the capital investment needed and lease payments.
- Time is saved by not having staff waste valuable work time when trying to keep different equipment operating correctly.
- Maintenance cost is less by not needing to take care of so many separate machines.
- Automatic duplexing gives the ability to print on both sides of the paper, which cuts the paper cost in half.
- Ordering consumable supplies for one device is easier to manage than the supplies needed for multiple machines.
- High-capacity toner cartridges print more pages by using the toner more efficiently.
Combined Functions in One Convenient Location
Besides do the copying, printing, scanning, and faxing, an advanced MFP device performs other convenient functions, such as sending a scan or fax to an email address. Document distribution is more efficient when sending copies in digital form instead of having to hand out printed copies.
Innovation MFP devices work with USB flash drives. This makes working with documents that need to be transferred easier. An MFP device may offer smartphone connectivity, which allows the use of many smartphone apps for improved office productivity. This communication with a smartphone helps reduce the need for extra trips between a PC and the MFP device.
Better Document Security
Password protection of documents and the ability to time the printer output helps control access to confidential documents. A document containing sensitive information can be sent for printing, and then it is held in the printer cue. It waits there until an authorized person with the correct password goes to the MFP device to physically watch the document print out.
When used correctly with proper human supervision, this gives robust security control that prevents unauthorized users from reading a confidential document.
Every business in San Francisco can use a multifunction printer to increase office efficiency and improve workflow. To purchase an (MFP) for your San Francisco business, contact Golden Gate Office Solutions today.